Job ID 6361
Experience Not Stated
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Study Nurse
Locations: Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Kano, Jigawa, Yobe, Kwara, Zamfara, Sokoto, Niger and Kebbi, Nigeria
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Short-term Study Nurse to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 01 & 03 activity in Nigeria.
- This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Kano, Jigawa, Yobe, Kwara, Zamfara, Sokoto, Niger and Kebbi States.
The objectives of the activity include:
- Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment; Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up;
- Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and
- Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. This position will be based in the states of the project implementation.
- HIV programs around the world have adopted differentiated service delivery (DSD) models to enhance retention, improve treatment outcomes among people living with HIV (PLHIV), and decongest health facilities. Several community drug refill models have emerged as effective DSD models. Nigeria adopted some of these models as part of the COVID-19 response in 2020/2021. The Study Nurse will support a study that proposes to:
- Document the different models implemented during the COVID-19 response,
- Describe experiences of the beneficiaries and providers,
- Determine outcomes on key indicators (retention in care, viral suppression) and,
- Analyze the cost-effectiveness of the various DSD models.
- The Study Nurse (SN) works with and under the direction of the Project Site Manager.
- S/he is responsible for the implementation of all study procedures at the study site and coordination with project staff and study team to ensure proper application of the study protocol and guidelines.
- In addition, S/he will be responsible for site sensitization, capacity building, quality assurance and study participants referral.
- S/he oversees the day-to-day data collection including facility staff supervision and administrative duties when needed.
- The SN needs to be able to conduct data abstraction and upload to a designated secure site. Strong decision-making skills are also crucial in this job.
- The Study Nurse will at all times adhere to and act in accordance with the Chemonics Professional Code of Ethics (“Living Our Values”) and will make the principles of the Code a part of the project’s culture and standard operating procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruitment and enrollment – caregiver-child pairs, participants for the qualitative study, and the key persons to provide cost data
- Routine data abstraction and upload to a designated secure site
- Travel across a state (or in several states) to various facilities
- Daily supervision to ensure adherence to study procedures and daily review of all data collection
- Ensure proper collaboration within the team
- Monitor and assure adequate study-related equipment and stocks at sites
- Maintain close communication with Field Investigator, Project staff and Research team to track study progress, monitor logistical needs/study supplies at site, and anticipate challenges
- Complete and validate study questionnaires on a daily basis to ensure data collected is complete, consistent and accurate
- Organize and securely maintain all individual records on-site until uploaded to a secure platform
- Site entry – facility staff sensitization, train facility staff on the intervention, referral of participants
- Data collection – facility survey, caregiver survey, cost survey
- Dissemination of findings to facilities
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- Degree in health-related science. Degree in nursing is preferred.
- At least 3 years experience working in health research as study. Working in HIV-related studies and working in an HIV clinic as a provider are added advantages.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to supervise a team and be culturally sensitive
- Ability to respect the confidentiality of data collected and the dignity of participants/beneficiaries is essential
- Flexibility to travel within and across states, motivated and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, email, and databases. Experience collecting research data using mobile platforms like ODK is an added advantage.
- Problem-solving skills to be able to tackle problems under pressure.
- Communication skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English is required. Understanding local languages is essential.
- The Study Nurse will provide research technical support to the Project Site Manager, site project leads, and research team, and the SHARP T01 & T03 M&E Team in implementing research activities.
- As teamwork is crucial to the success of the project, the Study Nurse will be expected to closely coordinate with other project staff, as per direction from the Project Site Manager, site project leads, and research team, and the SHARP T01 & T03 M&E Team.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is open to applicants who are cooperating country nationals (CCNs) and eligible to work in the country of Nigeria. CCN is defined as a cooperating country citizen or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The finalists will be contacted.
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)