Job ID 8342
Experience 5 Years
Gender Male or Famele
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) was established by the Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 as an organization to regulate the Accountancy Profession in Nigeria. It has over 42,000 members and is a member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), Pan African Federation of Accountants (PAFA) and Association of Accountancy Bodies in West Africa (ABWA).
In pursuit of the Institute’s mission critical objectives to be a leading Professional body, we invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Subject Matter Expert
- This role requires strong knowledge of accounting specialized fields like: Auditing, Investigation and Forensic; Information Technology & Consulting; Public Finance Management; Corporate Finance Management; Taxation & Fiscal Policy; Corporate Reporting and; Insolvency & Corporate Re-engineering Faculties
- The ideal candidate must be innovative and research- inclined with good understanding of the global trends in the specialized accounting fields and key development imperatives.
- The role also requires strong communication and analytical skills, confidence, integrity and demonstrated ability to effectively engage diverse groups of experts and resource persons both within and outside the Institute.
- In addition, the candidates must have strong administrative skills and the ability to manage time effectively to meet all deadlines as well as high expectations and the determination to consistently raise the level of achievement.
- Liaises with and manages relationship with experts and resource persons for assigned faculties;
- Reviews and agrees each paper for presentation to and approval by the Head of Directorate and the Chair of the respective Faculty Committee;
- Organizes and obtains approval for training and certification programmes and ensures compliance;
- Acts as the in-house expert for respective faculty areas by reviewing syllabuses, maintaining up-to-date knowledge of respective areas and providing technical guidance;
- Leads and ensures compliance with quality control measures in the faculty process and improvement of all processes for respective faculties to ensure operational efficiency;
- Coordinates the review of learning materials for assigned faculty areas;
- Develops and reviews Faculty Newsletters content and follow up with productions;
- Follows up on implementation of Board decisions;
- Prepares feedback analysis report to the Faculty Board on programmes conducted;
- Acts as minutes secretary to the assigned Faculty Committee and;
- Coordinates processes and communication for completion of faculty actions from the minutes.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc. / HND in Accounting, Economics.
- Qualified member of the Institute.
- A Master’s and/or Doctorate Degree is an advantage.
- Specialist knowledge in any of the following functional areas: Auditing, Investigation and Forensic; Information Technology & Consulting; Public Finance Management; Corporate Finance Management; Taxation & Fiscal Policy; Corporate Reporting and; Insolvency & Corporate Re-engineering
- Minimum of 5 years relevant post professional qualification experience in the private and/or public sector.
Application Closing Date
4:30pm, 17th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Multiple applications will lead to disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.