Job ID 6608
Experience 1 Year
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Activity Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Type : Indefinite
Duty Station : MSF OCA, Benue Project
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Planning and supervising the execution of supply activities in the project for one or more areas of the supply programme (Warehouse, Procurement, Transport and Customs, etc.) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission.
- Ensuring an effective running of the supply activities in the project on a day to day basis as specified by the line manager, ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures. The activities can include one or more of the following areas:
- Warehouse: Planning and supervising the execution of the Warehouse and Stock Management activities in the project or capital ensuring sufficient stock for the effective functioning of the supply activity to avoid stock ruptures, losses and excess stocks in the mission, controlling and monitoring the medical and non-medical stocks and assets and ensures that storage is carried out under optimum conditions.
- Procurement: Planning and supervising the procurement activities in the project or capital ensuring an efficient and on-time purchasing.
- Transport and Customs: Planning and Supervising the execution of all activities related to an efficient clearance and shipment of goods in the mission ensuring the clearing and the transport of medical and non-medical goods of the mission
- Other supply activities
- Communicating with customers, keeping them up to date concerning their order status and prioritizing procurement and transport according to their needs
- Supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training / induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Ensuring smooth running of administration and procedures related to his/her supply activity(ies)
- Performing delegated tasks according to his/her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Lead the implementation of market assessment in the project at intervals indicated by Logistics Manager, to ensure our suppliers meet the minimum requirements for compliance.
- Communicate status of internal requests to stakeholders on a regular basis, by sending outstanding order overviews with explanatory comments every month.
- Back-up for Purchaser when needed.
- Supervise and monitor performance of supervisees (Purchaser, Storekeeper). Ensure that they comply with MSF policies and ethical practices.
- Takes a proactive approach to safety and security of stocks, assesses potential loopholes in hardware measures and systems, and communicates immediately to the Logistics Manager any concern in this regards.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
- Essential Technical Diploma in Supply Chain.
- 1-2 years in MSF Logistics Department, previous experience in supply chain activities related jobs
- Computer literacy.
- Essential, mission working language and local language(s).
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3.
Application Closing Date
13th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Usage of Google Chrome Browser is recommended.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Lastly, only ONE online application form should be submitted as multiple submissions will NOT be considered.
- Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization.