Job ID 29686
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Coordinator – Logistics
Job Identification: 2558
Job type: Full-time
Contract Length: Fixed Term
- Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
- The Logistics Coordinator is a key position to the success and delivery of quality programs. SCI defines Logistics as those systems and support functions necessary to implement programs effectively, inclusive of, logistics, inventory management, asset management as well as vehicle and fleet management.
- The Logistics Coordinator is accountable for the design, planning, execution, and monitoring of logistics activities, and delivery of an effective logistics function within the SCI Yobe program in compliance with SCI, donor regulations, and in line with program objectives.
- He/she is also responsible for the continuous improvement of performance quality throughout the Logistics team and ensuring stakeholders’ satisfaction by exercising service-oriented practices.
Scope of Role
- Reports to: Field Manager – Yobe field office
- Staff Reporting to this Post: Logistics Officer.
- Direct: Regular relationships with Borno AO SC, and Country Office Supply Chain staff at all levels, Finance team, and Program department leads.
- Indirect: Is expected to provide support and leadership to the Logistics Officer and Warehouse Assistant.
- Role Dimensions: (e.g. complexity, relationships, communication with stakeholders)
Key Areas of Accountability
The Logistics Planning:
- The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for logistics activities planning, developing logistics plans to support program implementation and close coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- The logistics planning includes warehousing plans, transport plans, staffing plans, distribution plans, and training plans.
- Ensure that program teams develop distribution plans for supplies and assets in order to eliminate inventory remaining in the warehouses after grant closure.
- Coordinate with supply chain field staff ensuring that there is sufficient space in the warehouses before sending program supplies to the field sites.
- Ensure logistics staff training and capacity-building plans are developed and incorporated into the budgets.
- Ensure that the logistics department is well-staffed and roles and responsibilities of each have clear job descriptions.
- The Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for managing and controlling all inventory and warehouses operation in the Yobe program and ensuring excellent records keeping, implementation of inventory standard operating procedures, and control as provided by GSC.
- Ensure implementation of SCI inventory policies in the Yobe office.
- Produce awards-ending and year-ending inventory reports in a timely manner.
- Check warehouses/stores records and safety as per SCI standard Supply Chain Assessment Tool (SCAT).
- Conduct spot checks and surprise inventory counts as per SCI SOPs.
- The Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for the procurement, maintenance, safekeeping, and records of all SCI Yobe program assets and equipment.
- He/she is responsible for all aspects of the administrative, financial, capital, and operations of asset management in accordance with SCI and donor’s rules and regulations.
- Ensure Implementation of SCI Asset policies in the Yobe office.
- Ensure assets are maintained timely and are safe to use, and all maintenance documented.
- Ensure assets are tracked properly, tagged at the delivery, and the asset tracking sheet is continuously updated as assets are issued to staff or deployed to facilities.
- Plan for asset replacement as their service life comes to an end ensuring sufficient funds are budgeted for replacement.
- Manage the disposal process for assets, including ensuring donor approvals are in place before the disposal.
- Ensure spot-checks are done systematically, documented, and reported for all SCI Yobe assets, inventory, and equipment as per SCI assets management policy.
- The Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all SCI Yobe fleet and transportation activities, ensuring that Yobe office fleet operations are conducted in adherence to SCI fleet policies and procedures including vehicle procurement, vehicle movement, maintenance, and reporting accuracy.
- Ensure all Yobe vehicles are in good condition and well-maintained.
- Ensure all SCI-owned vehicles are reported and insured by SCI.
- Ensure local fleet management policy is in place, implemented, and followed by all in the Yobe field office.
- Review regularly fuel consumption and vehicle utilization management. Based on the analysis, plan for an increase/decrease in the number of vehicles if necessary.
- Review vehicle monthly reports and provide the necessary support to the logistics staff.
Compliance and Ethics:
- The supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for identifying and analyzing compliance risk in supply chain processes, implementing strong procurement controls, identifying procurement red flags, implementing internal and external audit corrective action plans, and ensuring all supply chain activities are conducted in an ethical manner.
Learning and Development:
- The Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible and accountable for overseeing all supply chain learning and development initiatives in the Yobe office and assessing training needs, developing training plans for supply chain staff and other target audiences (programs, finance, etc.) as necessary.
The Logistics Coordinator Competencies matrix:
- The Logistics Coordinator competency matrix is the main supportive document of this job description that details all required skills, tasks, and accountability levels.
- The Logistics Coordinator must ensure that all tasks are performed according to the standards.
- The Logistics Coordinator is accountable for the competencies matrix implementation.
- Advanced Degree, minimum of 5 years of progressive Logistics professional experience or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated success as a Logistics leader across all disciplines including planning, and logistics.
- Broad knowledge and experience in Logistics strategies, vehicle and fleet management, inventory, property, and asset management.
- Strong collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across organizational units.
- Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed structure.
- Strong knowledge, skills, and experience in Medical logistics.
- Excellent training and coaching ability.
- Fluency in English is required, spoken proficiency in local languages is a plus.
- Ability to travel to remote field offices.
- Resilient, organized, hard-working, with a positive attitude.
Experience and Skills:
- Logistics SkillsUnderstanding & Ability to Execute SCI Logistics Procedures High Vital
- Knowledge of International Import / Export Procedures & Guidelines High Vital
- Crisis AssessmentMediumNecessary
- Strategic Supplier Management SkillsDevelopment Sector Expertise High Vital
- Market Analysis Ability Medium Necessary
- Supplier Analysis & Selection High Necessary
- Risk Management Medium Vital
- Supplier Negotiation High Vital
- Understanding of Ethical Purchasing Guidelines Medium Necessary
- Support SkillsUnderstanding of Procurement, Finance & HR Integration pts Medium Necessary
- Knowledge and strong skills in Medical logistics High Vital
- Technical experience/training in specific areas of logistics e.g. Fleet mechanics, Medical logistics, IT/communications networks
- Technical experience/knowledge in specific types of humanitarian intervention eg Health, WASH, Food Security
- Working knowledge of the local language(s)
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, take responsibility for their own personal development, and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- FUTURE orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members, and external partners, and supporters
- Values diversity, and sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Application Closing Date
8th August, 2023; 16:55
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Kaduna North, Kaduna, Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN)