Job ID 38064
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates is a young and innovative boutique human resources firm, which is focused on offering personalized services to organizations across a diverse range of sectors. The Hamilton Lloyd process involves a deep understanding of the client’s organizational culture, strategic objectives and needs to ensure that a tailor-made solution is proffered.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
- The Technical Assistant will provide administrative and technical support to the President & CEO to ensure the highest standards and efficient running of the office.
- He/she will ensure that technical and administrative tasks are completed in a timely manner to support the technical personnel in the delivery of the specific piece of work or project.
- He/she will also ensure governance and compliance with legislation and industry standards and provide strategic advice in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Works with the President & CEO in the preparation and presentation of reports, proposals and related activities in servicing and developing contracts and relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Organizing/conducting business review meets in order to track business operational performance in line with the Annual Business Plan.
- Periodically review, update and clarify the strategies with clear deliverables and actionable implementation timelines.
- Work closely with the President & CEO to midwife and superintend new initiatives and business strategies / growth areas within the Group.
- Support technical personnel with project support duties.
- Conduct research, create reports and maintain records with a view to produce relevant and accurate statistics necessary for decision making.
- Provide input to technical studies/research projects, technical reports, project planning, etc.
- Undertake data analysis, identify and investigate variations.
- Develop and maintain technical databases and spreadsheets.
- Respond to external requests for information.
- Liaise with internal and external customers.
- Control internal and external documentation.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Take phone calls relating to complex projects.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Manage trend dashboard, prepare dashboard covering the entire business depicting the organizational progress, highlighting the positives and negatives and reporting performance to the President & CEO on timely basis.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and impact of strategic initiatives for the year.
Educational Qualification and professional qualification
- University Degree in Engineering or any related field.
- A Master’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering will be an advantage.
- Membership of professional bodies; e.g. Nigerian Society of Engineers, National Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPEE), Society for Petroleum Engineers (SPE), registration with COREN etc. shall be an advantage.
Years of experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in oil and gas sector, preferably upstream.
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Ability to write letters, emails, summaries etc. and issue clear guidance.
- Good numeric and negotiation skills
- Sound analytical and investigative skills.
- Ability to solve straightforward and complex problems.
- Political awareness and the ability to escalate issues to Management.
- Ability to progress work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Positive attitude and ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to work within set timescales and meet deadlines.
- Tactical, analytical and creative.
- Welcoming, friendly and proactive approach.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and organize others.
- Sound understanding of corporate governance, risk management, records management and corporate communications.
- Proven capacity to develop policy and to contribute to change management initiatives.
- Understanding of corporate information systems and the capacity to develop, adapt and utilize technology to ensure continuous improvement in services.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, adaptable to all levels of the organisation with the experience, confidence and credibility to communicate complex or specialist information to a non-specialist audience, facilitate workshops and deliver presentations.
- Confident and ability to develop and effectively deliver corporate governance policies and strategy, including designing and implementing a risk management and business continuity process incorporating assessment and evaluation.
- Proven research skills and an ability to proactively maintain knowledge and awareness across a broad and diverse spectrum.
- Knowledge and experience of using basic office software to a high standard, with an ability to get the most benefit from the innovative application of existing and new IT software.
- Honesty, integrity and loyalty of highest order.
- Devotion, diligence, dedication and discipline.
- Proactive, self driven, detail and result oriented with a positive outlook.
- Good personality, matured and credible.
- Candidate must be delivery conscious and should be able to listen to instructions at all times.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Technical Assistant” as the subject of the mail.