Job ID 35111
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Assistant for Education and Youth Empowerment in the Northwestern Nigeria (EYEPINN)
Reference number: INTPA / ABV / 2023 / EA-RP / 0145
Indicative start date of the project: Q2 2024
Project duration: 48 months
Short Description of Services to be Provided
Overall, the task of the Technical Assistance Team (TAT) will include but not limited to:
- Policy and technical advice to the Ministry of Education (MoE) in the performance of their specific assignment;
- Transfer of knowledge and skills including capacity development of officials in the Ministries Department and Agencies (MDA’s) responsible for Education Services delivery through training, coaching, & mentoring;
- Administrative, preparatory and ancillary tasks relating to planning, monitoring and reporting on programme activities;
- Secretariat and administrative support to the programme governance structure at the national and at the local levels.
Indicative Key Expert Profiles:
- Key expert 2, 3, 4: Education and skills experts (one Key Expert for each of the 3 target States – Kano, Jigawa, Sokoto).
Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Development Studies, Organisational Development, Business Administration, Management or a related discipline is required;
- Good communication skills in English- written and spoken.
General Professional Experience:
- Preferably at least 5 years general experience in institutional strengthening and capacity development or strategic management or project and programme management in sectors related to education, skills development and training;
Specific Professional Experience
- At least 5 years working experience in education and capacity development, preferably in technical advisory capacity;
- At least 3 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: strengthening of teacher training systems or curriculum development or governance reform or VET reform or non-formal education or addressing out-of-school children/acceleration programmes or sector strategy development.
- Experience in the education sector and/or education reform projects and programmes in one of the three target States: Jigawa, Sokoto and Kano
- Experience of working in federal education systems is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of local languages in Northern Nigeria is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online