Job ID 30909
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to ‘Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems’, Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Head, Pasta
- Grains is one of the 6 prioritized platforms in Olam The Grains business consists of 4 verticals: Wheat Milling (in sub-Saharan Africa), Origination & Trading (Origination in the Black Sea and Latin America, Destination in the Middle East & North Africa, Prop trading in Wheat/Corn/Soy), Animal Feeds & Proteins (starting in Nigeria, but plan to expand to 4-5 countries in Africa, Asia & MENA by 2020) and Ocean Freight (vessel charter, Prop trading).
- Our manufacturing facilities in Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, and Senegal helping these countries to reduce import costs of refined wheat. With an unrelenting focus on food safety, innovation and cost efficiencies, we produce a range of quality flours for bread, baguettes, pasta noodles, biscuits, semolina, and confectionery.
- Overseeing the technical operations, manufacturing, quality and R&D of pasta manufacturing units across Nigeria.
- Develop new technology for, pasta, cereals based products, Handling, cleaning, extracting, treating, and packaging
- Managing Turnkey projects from the raw-material handling, processing, treatments, and packaging
- Provide direct leadership for day-to-day technical activities for company’s commercial product manufacturing i.e., trouble shooting, process changes and improvements, new manufacturing technology implementation etc.
- Technological support & Collaborate with the engineering department to develop new equipment and machines.
- In-depth exposure in handling new project expansions (brown /green field)
- Leads the of a culture development and embedding of risk-based continuous improvement and operational excellence within manufacturing.
- Product Development Module to facilitate modification of existing products
- Ensure the health and safety of all subordinates within company guidelines and current legislation.
- Ensure all functional management are aware of the correct codes of practice, both statutory and advisory, that govern accepted standards of safe operation at all premises. Ensure production plant causes the minimum of dust and noise both internally and externally.
- Research & Development
- Quality and consistency of finished products.
- Innovation Deployment & Project Management:
- Seeking continuous operational improvement.
- Effective management of raw material, intermediate and finished product stock levels.
- Site Hygiene.
- Health and Safety.
- Direct management and motivation of production team.
- New projects and greenfield & brown field projects
- Technical due diligence and turning around the pasta plant
- 15-20 years of Experience Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science,
- Pasta manufacturing experience preferred, with previous experience in managing large scale operations and implementing behaviour based safety programs
- Demonstrate strategic planning experience
- Strong organizational skills, including experience managing multiple high-priorities simultaneously
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online