Job ID 25375
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Sustainability
Requisition No: 2023200632
Employment Type: Full-time
Supervisor: Associate Director, Liquid Oxygen
- The Technical Officer – Sustainability Plan will provide technical support on the implementation of Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) Liquid Oxygen (LOX) Infrastructure Project in the Country Office with extensive role in program evaluation, program design, program implementation, stakeholder engagement, resource mapping and strategic and operational planning, including direct support to the Associate Director-LOX.
- S/He forms part of the team that coordinates overall implementation of the LOX project across supported health facilities. S/he will be specifically responsible for the development of sustainability plan for the USAID LOX investments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the design, development, and implementation of a sustainability plan for the Liquid Medical Oxygen (LOX) infrastructure investment across selected health facilities.
- Provide support in the mapping, advocacy and engagement with stakeholders and gatekeepers including relevant Ministries, Departments, and Agencies (MDAs), health facility management teams and LOX suppliers on strategies/approach for smooth operationalization of the sustainability plan.
- Provide technical support in the implementation of a sustainable finance mechanism as part of the sustainability plan for medical oxygen (e.g., revolving fund) in selected facilities, including development of tools and protocols for monitoring facility-level finance processes and controls.
- Provide technical support to the team in monitoring, evaluation and reporting of activities geared towards implementation of the sustainability plan.
- Monitor revenue generation and expenditure for LOX infrastructure in all health facilities (including maintenance and purchase of Liquid oxygen) and report same.
- Review, collate, and submit routine (weekly and bi-weekly,) progress reports from project implementation.
- Work closely with the health facility management teams to document and submit project success stories.
- Provide programmatic and technical support to the expanded LOX infrastructure project team towards achievement of project goals.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s in Public Health (majoring in Health Systems Policy and Management, Health Economics etc.) with 3 – 5 years relevant experience in in healthcare financing on projects of similar size and complexity which includes experience with program planning and implementation within public and NGO sector.
- Or B.Sc / BA in Economics, Accounting, Health Economics or its recognized equivalent with 5 – 7 years of work experience in health financing and health economics on projects of similar size and complexity. Experience with program planning and implementation within public sector is an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Sound knowledge of methodologies used in healthcare finance research, cost-effectiveness analysis, and statistical and economic analysis. Understanding of the Nigeria health system.
- Ability to supervise and manage internal finance controls including revenue generation and expenditure for healthcare commodities.
- Experience in mentoring staff and building capacity of individuals and teams.
- Appropriate software skills necessary to conduct research, and to conduct analysis of study data, such as STATA, SPSS, or equivalent.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, community mobilization and advocacy skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English for high-level policy audiences.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (e.g., USAID, Global Fund) as well as international not-for-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 10 – 25% of the time.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online