Job ID 23892
Experience 5 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Dwight Patterson Consultants – We are a leading workforce solutions company, offering flexible placement, permanent placement, outsourcing and managed services across all sectors. Our top specialist recruitment professionals have a strong track record in their respective recruitment disciplines, specialize in providing an adaptable-people solution that responds to, and evolve with our client’s needs. Our approach imbibes complete discretion, integrity, and professionalism.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Operations Officer
- Evaluate common exposures and financial instruments, including the financial mathematics underpinning their pricing.
- Apply relative value analysis to optimize transactions and make decisions with limited information.
- Select the appropriate type of hedging instrument depending on the situation to mitigate risk to the entity.
- Provide input into the update of policies and procedures for treasury management processes.
- Develop and submit treasury operations activity and performance reports to support decision-making.
- Take appropriate steps to maintain the entity’s liquidity at the adequate level required to meet all likely contingencies within established risk limits
- Keep abreast on the nature and characteristics of investment Instruments and products
- Stay up to date on the new instruments and product types being traded, and new ways to transact instruments
- Align with organisation’s compliance programmes and compliance strategies to incorporate relevant legislative and regulatory requirements and adapt to changing regulatory environment
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Implement detailed operational plans and procedures for compliance programmes
- Assist in the development of financing strategies
- Maintain relations with banks and rating agencies.
Key Performance Indicators
- % of account balances reported daily
- % of cash transactions reconciled automatically
- % of business units/businesses/regions that miss forecast submission dates
- Weighted average credit default swap (CDS) spread of credit line providers
- Maximum % of investment exposure by counterparty / issuer
- Hedge ratio
- Hedge gain/loss deferral ratio
- Time taken to confirm deals with the counterparty
- Portfolio sensitivity as a percentage of market value
- Online Cash Management Users as a Percentage of Treasury Management Customers
- Treasury Expense per Treasury Employee
- Cash Management Product Sales
- Treasury income mix
- # of Regulatory penalties
- Efficient and well-managed work processes across the function
- Feedback from internal/external clients.
Achievement of Agreed Targets for the Team:
- % customer satisfaction with treasury operations process
- % of components and system unavailability
- Timeliness of reports
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree, preference for Accounting / Finance.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Treasury / Cash Management, with a track.
- record of strong performance.
- Possessing of relevant professional certifications is an added advantage
- Ability to analyse different risks associated with treasury operations.
- Ability to list treasury products, services, and operations.
- Possesses basic knowledge of treasury products, services, and operations.
- Understands the capital and treasury markets, including key players.
- Knowledge of ALM strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Understands treasury terms and terminology.
- Ability to identify capital and treasury market’s key players.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management
- Demonstrable problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and rigor
- Organized and methodical, ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines
- Self-starter, quick learner, team player with collegial orientation and desire to take on responsibility
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications with advanced, expert, or VBA skills in Excel
- Strong knowledge of uses of technology to improve efficiency
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: Competitive compensation package, Robust rewards package,
- Retirement benefit and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future.
- We also provide an environment that fosters the actualization of goals, and career fulfillment for our people while providing transformational solutions for Africa’s challenges.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online