Job ID 3730
Experience 10 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Twitter is an open service that’s home to a world of diverse people, perspectives, ideas, and information. Twitter’s mission is to serve the public conversation, and it’s essential – for the world and for Twitter – to increase the number of people who feel comfortable participating in it.
Twitter’s mission is to serve the public conversation, and it’s essential – for the world and for Twitter – to increase the number of people who feel comfortable participating in it.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Communications Manager
Location: Ghana (Remote)
Team: Marketing and Communications
- Twitter is looking for a public relations expert to help manage public communications for Twitter in Africa with a focus on Ghana and Nigeria.
- The ideal candidate will have strong relationships with local media and the ability to create and implement strategic PR plans that support Twitter’s business objectives.
- This role requires the ability to explain the dimensions of Twitter’s policies, product strengths and strategic vision to diverse audiences across all channels of communication.
- Twitter’s ideal candidate will be proactive, hard-working, creative, and have a love of consumer technology and Twitter.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a proactive communications strategy
- Work with the technology media to highlight product announcements and explain new features
- Support the business by communicating the value of Twitter by creating outstanding B2B campaigns
- Implement programs and campaigns, in conjunction with PR agencies and partners, that help drive user growth and engagement
- Manage incoming media inquiries and develop close relationships with key reporters / publications
- Develop and write communication plans, blog posts, statements, and Tweets
- Identify relevant speaking opportunities, manage incoming requests, and train and support speakers at public events
- Collaborate closely with the EMEA communications lead in Dublin, the global communications team in San Francisco, and other country communications teams to ensure that local initiatives are consistent with the global strategy
- Manage local PR agencies
Who you are:
- Minimum of ten years experience. Ideally across several verticals like B2C, B2B, Policy, Product and/or Corporate communications.
- Experience in planning and leading communications campaigns, ideally at both a PR agency and in-house
- Hands-on experience with consumer technology and/or media company
- Strong writing, editing and messaging skills
- Strong skills in collaboration, project management and strategic planning
- Existing relationships with local media. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, amiable, a good colleague and collaborator
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Communication skills that make working with remote colleagues efficient and effective
- Ability to work independently and proactively to develop / execute on programs and achieve measurable results
- Fluency in English. Fluency in at least one local language in West Africa region
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online