Job ID 30393
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Miva Open University is a Pan-African Open Distance e-Learning University that is committed to enabling learners reach their maximum potential by delivering top-tier tertiary education services through the use of high-quality content and immersive practical experiences. We believe that the traditional brick-and-mortar approach to tertiary education is no longer a viable option in serving learners on the African continent. Our approach is to consistently maximize media and technology for high efficacy and quality, combined with practical experience that offers and ensures exceptional learner experience that exceeds standards currently found on the African continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: University Course Developer (Management and Social Sciences)
- As a University Course Developer, you will be responsible for developing a course for Miva Open University.
Your specific roles will include:
- Develop, design and create course curricula, content, materials, and assessments for online learning.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and instructional designers to identify course goals and objectives.
- Utilize instructional design principles and adult learning theories to create and deliver engaging and effective course content.
- Ensure course content is aligned with industry standards and accreditation requirements.
- Curate scripts and slides for video lessons covering a full semester’s work in the Department of Management and Social Sciences.
- Curate assessment items consisting of quizzes and discussions for self-reflection and tutor grading. Management and Social Sciences courses include:
- Introduction to Accounting I
- Introduction to Business II
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Principles of Business Administration I
- Leadership and Governance
- Elements of Marketing
- Current Issues in Global Business
- You will be required to take on one of these courses. We will provide you with frameworks from the (Nigerian) National Universities Commission.
- At the heart of this is your creativity with delivery, bringing in impactful anecdotes and case studies that keep students engaged with contemporary content.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject and course of interest “Tertiary Course Developer, Course of Interest” as the subject of the email.