Job ID 29272
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
AltSchool Africa is an Edtech product, an alternative to school, launched with the sole motivation to increase employability and reduce unemployment by helping Talents in Africa jump-start a career in Tech. With AltSchool Africa, everyone can benefit from the myriad of opportunities available in Tech. At AltSchool Africa we pride ourselves on possessing a culture of execution that caters to wavemakers rather than wave riders. If you’re interested in joining a diverse and dynamic team that values speed, continuous improvement, focus, accountability, and are on an impact mission, you’ll feel right at home at AltSchool Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Video Editor
Employment Type: Contract
Job Function: Content Creation
Experience Level: Intermediate
Workplace Type: Hybrid
About the Role
- As an Associate Video Editor, you will work closely with the Creative Team, Content Marketing team, and other key stakeholders to brainstorm and create high-quality video content that reflects the Alt School brand and ambition.
- You will bring your knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques to life.
- You will be a great fit for this role if you have a creative mind and storytelling skills, with an unusual way of thinking and getting things done. Your ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged is of great importance on the job.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assemble raw footages, encoding and uploading for different platforms
- Work with art and creative teams to select audio, video, colors, animation, etc. for graphic design
- Create final videos from start to finish.
- Edit video footage for promotional and educational purposes
- Color Correcting and improving footage
- Archive and store digital properties of the company
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or other verifiable certificates in Film Studies, Cinematography or related field.
- 3+ years relevant experience.
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects.
- Proficient in Adobe Suites such as Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Vast knowledge of Production and Post-Production Workflow.
- Style frame and Storyboard to develop visual style concepts.
- Understanding of different video codecs and best practices.
Must Have Skills:
- Media Production
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Suites
- Premiere Pro
- Video Editing
Good to Have Skills:
- Written Communication
- Verbal Communication
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online