Job ID 34766
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Visiting Professor of Entrepreneurship, School of Business & Entrepreneurship
- The School of Business and Entrepreneurship of the American University of Nigeria is seeking to appoint an inspirational researcher, teacher and educational leader to a Visiting Professorship of Entrepreneurship for a period of one year in the first instance.
- You will be an inspirational researcher, teacher and educational leader in Social and Sustainable Entrepreneurship, who can work with academic and professional colleagues to develop opportunities for income generation through research, knowledge exchange, consultancy, and short courses.
- Additionally, you will contribute to teaching and supervision on undergraduate and postgraduate taught courses, in line with your subject expertise, including on our growing PhD doctorate program. Furthermore, the post offers the opportunity to make a major contribution to the development of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Hub together with AUN’s Atiku Institute for Development
- With a degree plus PhD, you will have experience in developing networks in academia, business, and local government.
- You will have a record of research and/or consultancy income generation.
- You will also have successful teaching experience at Higher Education level in Entrepreneurship and other relevant subject areas, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills which are essential for this role.
- Degree plus PhD in Entrepreneurship or a relevant subject
- Ability to demonstrate a strong track-record of publications in the subject area at national and international level as well as a commitment to cross-disciplinary learning and research-based teaching.
- Keen interest in new methods of pedagogical engagement suited to our diverse cohorts of students.
- Experience in developing networks in academia, business, and local government and expertise in leading initiatives in student entrepreneurship and enterprise.
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2023.
- The application should include:
- A focused CV to include evidence of teaching quality (for example recent evaluations and teaching awards or other recognition) and external engagement and student entrepreneurship experience,
- A brief (one page) outline of your research activities and plans for the next three years.
- As part of the selection process you may be asked to present to members of the Business and Entrepreneurship on your teaching and research or teaching and scholarship.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.