Job ID 21148
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation is a Non-governmental, Non-profit Humanitarian/Developmental organization that was established in the year 2005, born out of passion for the well-being of vulnerable women and children in Nigerian society, especially in NE Nigeria. With a special interest in reducing suffering in society in times of crisis. This crisis may be as a result of conflict or natural disaster. The organization is currently focusing its attention on the NE Nigeria. With special emphasis on the BAY (Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe) States.
Nigeria is a developing country as a result, there are numerous challenges associated with this stage of developmental process. Few amongst these challenges are social unrest, religious crisis, violence of different cadres, poor level of environmental management, social media abuse, unemployment, insufficient basic amenities such as water, electricity, health care, education, and many more. The most vulnerable in most cases are women and children as a result of their generic role in Nigerian Society. That limits their day-to-day capacity in handling most of these life challenges. It is in the interest of COWACDI to ensure that the majority of these challenges are reduced to the beeriest minimum or better still eradicated.
Through our programs of community base protection, psychosocial support, child protection, and assistance to this set of people, we are mindful that these will go a long way in reducing the pain of suffering that the vulnerable face in times of such hardships. We provide aid to the most vulnerable population regardless of their religion, race, gender, and or political affiliation. Our decisions as an organization are not based on political, economic, or religious interests but solely on the needs of the affected population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Volunteer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Volunteer
- You are needed: Being a volunteer, you can directly get involved with noble work, serving those who need your care and affection. This would also be a chance for you to know that not everyone in this world is born lucky, and you’re needed to stand by a few of them, if not all.
- We improve your employability: Volunteering with COWACDI is an excellent way to boost your career prospects.
- You learn new skills: On a volunteer program, you’re faced with problem-solving tasks on a daily basis and have to work collaboratively with a team of mixed personalities, all while adjusting to life outside of your comfort zone. This experience helps to improve your teamwork, leadership, problem-solving, and people skills and in COWACDI we have staff members willing to help guide you on your journey to success.
- You make an impact: As a COWACDI volunteer you have the chance to contribute to the kind of community and world you want to live in, whichever cause you choose to support, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of something bigger than yourself and assist in for-good work across the globe.
- You’ll make meaningful connections: Volunteering with COWACDI lets you meet people from all walks of life. It gives you the chance to form relationships that can have a lasting impact on you. You could meet your new best friend, future business partner or have a conversation that sparks a change in your life.
- Self-esteem builder: As a volunteer at COWACDI you’re exposed to a community you’re often not used to being a part of and you learn so many new things. Your new-found knowledge is coupled with the fact that you feel absolutely great because you’re helping others. Before you even know it, you’re running off empathy and self-efficacy which does wonders for your confidence and self-esteem.
- Be inspired: Taking a break from your day-to-day routines, putting your life into perspective, and learning about other people’s lives might inspire an idea or spark a new interest. You might come up with a plan to build on the development of your own community, or discover a new life calling, here at COWACDI we inspire and help you be an inspiration.
- Gain first-hand work experience: COWACDI Volunteer work, both practical volunteering in the field and through virtual volunteering programs, gives you insight into real-world contexts and helps you gain hands-on experience.
- Make a difference: Every volunteer can make a difference. Don’t underestimate your potential. No matter how small your steps are, you have the potential to make a big difference! At COWACDI we encourage you to take tiny steps to great works.
- Learning road: Volunteering with COWACDI helps you learn different things about people and cultures which leads to your personal and professional growth. Volunteers often discover their hidden talent and passion which directly improves their self-confidence. The community you volunteer within is also great to learn from as they are from different backgrounds with different mindsets.
- Have fun: Volunteering is not something to take lightly and needs to be treated with the utmost respect, but it’s also fun! It’s a way to meet new people, embrace cultural traditions and encounter new places, at COWACDI we encourage a number of fun activities that help refreshes our employees and volunteers as well.
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2023.
Other jobs you may like
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Kaduna North, Kaduna, Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN)