Job ID 27403
Experience Not Stated
Gender Male or Famele
Promasidor – We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
We are recruiting candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Job
The ideal candidate will:
- Establish, develop, and sustain the quality management systems and procedures (Good warehouse practice, Sanitation, pest control, traceability, storing conditions, internal audits, trainings, risk assessment, Housekeeping, GMP etc.) to ensure compliance with quality & safety requirements and Policies.
- Monitor and work with the technical team to promote adherence to maintenance plan, maximize uptime and minimize downtime of material handling equipment.
- Manage all warehouse transactions (Stock issuance, receipts, transfers, and returns to suppliers) both system and physical are well accounted for with proper documentation.
- Develop plans to monitor the usage levels of storage, managing warehouse facilities, and reviewing the quality and efficiency of warehouse storage and layout plans.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate all activities relating to the container receipts from the port and from local suppliers: offloading and storage.
- Ensure feedback to Planning and Shipping Departments on container receipts through proper documentation and prompt returning of monitoring sheets.
- Ensure daily targets for deliveries to Production factories are met.
- Develop and manage key warehouse operations performance indicators.
- Manage in-bound third-party transporters relationships for effective results.
- Manage the logistics operations and day-to-day activities of warehouse at remote locations.
- Ensure warehouse operations optimization planning, orienting and capability development for personnel (training).
- Develop and implement strategies for optimizing warehouse space and operational efficiency.
- Provide skillful directions and effective leadership and manage operational conflict for smooth running of the unit.
- Develop and ensure usage of daily checklist for effective management and control of equipment and tools (like forklifts).
- Develop and maintain processes to ensure adherence to the principle of FIFO in stock usage and issuance, and FEFO when the need arises
- Implement flexibility and agility in inventory storage to deal with exceptional situations – natural disasters, external disruption, theft, and stock contamination.
- Ensure expected participation of any audit exercise and drive timely closure of any reported audit gaps.
- Carries out any other duty assigned by head of logistics/supply chain directorate
- Carry out any assigned food safety jobs by the head of department/ food safety team leader.
Education & Experience
- HND or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Engineering and Basic Sciences (Minimum Qualification)
- Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years’ work experience in warehouse, inventory, or logistics function of a reputable organization. (FMCG).
- Microsoft Office packages
- Supply chain management
- Logistics operations and management
- Quality management
- Service level monitoring
- Supply & distribution analysis
- Inventory Management Software (NAV)
- Palletizing and block stacking of raw and packaging materials.
- Capacity Optimization
- Resources Management.
- Understanding of ISO and regulatory requirements.
- Good communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Good judgement
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- People management
- Customer & quality service
- Strategic thinking
- Team player and Team Building attributes
- Ability to work under pressure
- Honesty and Integrity.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online