Job ID 20325
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Job Type: Indefinite
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Planning and supervising the execution of the Warehouse and Stock Management activities in the project or capital according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission
- Planning and supervising on a day-to-day basis the Warehouse and Stock Management activities in the project or capital, ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures. These activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Physically and administratively managing medical and non-medical stocks in conjunction with the supply officer and the stock owners and assuming responsibility for the warehouse and its contents
- Ensuring that all necessary tools and management procedures are in place in order to avoid stock ruptures, losses (expiries, damages due to bad storage conditions, temperature breach) and excess stocks. Regularly checking inventory levels (physical counts), keeping inventories up to date and monitoring consumption
- Checking, recording and arranging the goods received and ensuring the availability of a wide range of items for various projects and departments (medical supplies, food, spare parts, tools, equipment, etc.)
- Ensuring that all items are well organized and correctly stored according to their specificity, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.)
- Supervising the team under his/her responsibility including the definition and planning of each person’s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule and organizing and leading team meetings
- Supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her specialty and as specified in his/her job description
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Planning and supervising on a day-to-day basis the Medical and Logistical Warehouses. Supervising stock Management activities in the capital accross two locations, ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures. These activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Physically and administratively managing medical and logistical stocks in conjunction with the supply chain officer and supply activity manager and the stock owners and assuming responsibility for the warehouse and its contents
- Ensuring that all items are well organised according to their status, grey stock, transit stock, logistical stock.
- Ensuring routine updating of the medical and logistical stock reporting tools are well implemented and actioned.
- Conducting monthly analysis on medical stocks and logistical stocks to ensure any soon to expire items/damaged items are identified and flagged to the supply activity manager
- Annual completion of the warehouse storage conditions checklist for all stock locations in capital
- Weekly spot checking of medical and logistical stock
- Planning, in close coordination with HR department, the needs for daily workers in order to ensure that resource is efficiently met.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
- Secondary Education.
- Desirable warehouse management related studies.
- Minimum of 2 years experience.
- Experience as a Warehouse Manager and/or experience in MSF Logistics department.
- English essential, Hausa is desirable.
- Basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment. Computer literacy.
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioral Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Stress Management.
Application Closing Date
5th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send their CV, Cover Letter and necessary credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘WH SUPERVISOR’ as the subject of the mail.
- Usage of Google Chrome Browser is recommended.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Lastly, only one online application form should be submitted as multiple submissions will not be considered.
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)