Job ID 21172
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Buckler Ordnance Systems Limited is a Nigerian defense solutions provider with strong expertise in manufacturing civilian armored vehicles, design, and prototyping of military vehicles and ordnance equipment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Workshop Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure that repairs are performed in a professional manner and in accordance with industry accepted good practice.
- Accomplishes workshop team results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results. coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains workflow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment.
- Monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; following reporting procedures and systems. Facilitating corrections to malfunctions; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation amongst workshop team members.
- Ensures production orders are fulfilled On-Time, In-Full, Right Product and Undamaged.
- Liaise with Human Resources to conduct safety meetings with the workshop team.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Liaises with Operations Lead to develop operations and maintenance protocols; trains artisans and operators to set-up, run and maintain equipment for greatest efficiency
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs, evaluating new equipment and techniques. Subject to the approval of the Workshop Manager.
- Resolves personnel problems by analysing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Prepare, supervise and control team activities, including the scheduling of work for technicians.
- Liaise with customers and diagnose customer concerns with equipment prior to being booked in for service and/or repair;
- Assist all Technicians in the diagnosis of problems;
- Ensure that Technicians are using their time effectively and efficiently;
- Upon completion of normal repairs and/or service, inspect and test vehicle with the Technician who completed the job to ensure the vehicle has been repaired and/or serviced in accordance with the customer’s instructions and manufacturers guidelines;
- Ensure customers receive the best quality service by requiring that all jobs are completed correctly the first time.
- Ensure all customer vehicle is presented back to the customer in a clean and presentable standard;
- Check and inspect that all tools are available and maintained in the correct place and that all equipment is in suitable working condition;
- Control and set workshop behavioural standards and maintain staff morale;
- Advise all new and existing workshop staff member of policies and procedures and adherence to these policies and procedures;
- Set a regular workshop cleaning schedule highlighting employees specific duties;
- Make suggestions to management for improvements on operational acivities;
- Maintain a well trained workforce and supervise in-house training as required;
- Ensure the development and progress of all technicians;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the manager and/or management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Assist in the coordinating overtime hours.
- Follow housekeeping, safety and security procedures that result in a safe and attractive environment;
- Identifies and reports unsafe, unhealthy or hazardous working conditions.
- Ensures the availability and use of personal protective equipment for technicians.
- Prescribes work detail, specifications and procedures to be adopted with regards to the vehice repairs and maintenance.
- Assists with Interviews and recommends for employment suitable applicants for workshop roles
- Maintains inventories of stocks, tools, workshop equipment and other supplies.
- Gives technical advice as required and prepares technical reports;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
N200,000 – N300,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
14th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.