Job ID 3839
Experience 3 Years
Gender Male or Famele
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: WPE Senior Case Management Officer
Reference No.: req14353
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Open to Expatriates: No
- The International Rescue Committee is an NGO that serves refugee and communities victimized by oppression and violent conflict worldwide.
- Since October 2012, the IRC has been responding to humanitarian needs of Nigerians. The initially intervened in response to flood disaster that affected over 7 million people across the country, destroying harvest and damaging home.
- IRC is currently implementing programs in Health, Child Protection, WASH, Nutrition and Women’s Protection and Empowerment in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe State, North-Eastern Nigeria.
- WPE program implement prevention and response activities to address gender-based violence.
- Gender-based violence (GBV) is a serious human rights and public health issue affecting women and girls around the world. It impacts all aspects of women and girl’s physical, emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It has harmful consequences for the individuals who experience it, their families, and communities.
- The IRC Women Protection and Empowerment Program is a multi-sectoral prevention and response program involving multiple organizations and actors from the IDP and NGO community, UN agencies and all sectors of IRC.
- The focus of this program is to provide good quality health and psychosocial response services to conflict-affected women and girls in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe, North-Eastern Nigeria in a timely manner.
Job Overview / Summary
- The WPE Senior Case Management officer will be providing technical support to the entire Nigerian Country program Case Management team and ensure qualitative case management services are in place for survivors to access. Staff will closely work with case management officers to make sure that cases are properly documented and closed using the case management guideline.
- The Senior Case Management Officer will have regular meetings with case management officers in the various field offices for monthly debriefing sessions and provide regular support as may be needed.
- The Senior Case Management Officer will utilize reports from the GBVIMS Incident Recorder to analyze case trends in order to provide information during program design workshops. The Senior Officer will take the lead in planning and conducting all capacity building sessions with the response team.
- Take the lead in all capacity building processes for the response team.
- Provide rotational regular supervision to case management officers and make sure that staff correctly monitor and support case management assistants technically and otherwise.
- Ensure case management officers work with assistants to adhere to all the case management guidelines, and ensure documentation steps, action plans are done in a survivor centered manner.
- Follow-up with case management officers to correctly enter data into the GBVIMS primero platform and flag off errors where needed.
- Ensure case management officers compile and share GBVIMS monthly data for reporting to the DGO focal lead.
- Attend GBVIMS, MHPSS and all Case conferencing and other external meetings as may be required.
- Take the lead on conducting case conferencing sessions across all field sites.
- Regularly interphase with the M & E officer to conduct data cleaning on response activities.
- Conduct regular meetings with case management team for self-care and provide support supervision visits.
- Manage Database of documented cases: to include statistics, and all other relevant information.
- Use the GBVIMS/Primero+ Incident Recorder to analyze cases documented for weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with case management actors in the field, Including government actors, UN agencies, NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Provide weekly/monthly reports to the Program Coordinator and Managers.
- Any other duties as assigned by the GBV Program Coordinator/Managers”.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: WPE Manager
- Position directly supervises: Case Management Officers
- Indirect Reporting: WPE Coordinator
- Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: M & E officers, Health/RH sector
- External: GBVIMS working group
- Education: University degree in Sociology or Public health from a recognized Institution.
- Work Experience: Must have experience working directly with GBV survivors and documenting cases of GBV for at least 3 years
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Must be Computer literate in MS-Word and MS-Excel
- Should be able to provide mentorship to staff being supervised.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients at all times is essential.
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Must possess interest and commitment to human rights, gender equality and gender issues.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English, fluent in Hausa, and or other community language.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.
- In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.