Job ID 8367
Experience 8 Years
Gender Male or Famele
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) was established by the Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 as an organization to regulate the Accountancy Profession in Nigeria. It has over 50,000 members and is a member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), Pan African Federation of Accountants (PAFA) and Association of Accountancy Bodies in West Africa (ABWA).
In pursuit of the Institute’s mission critical objectives to be a leading Professional body, we invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Library Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Department: Library Services
- The position reports to the Deputy Director, Technical & Education and is responsible for promoting ICAN’s library services and resources to enhance learning and literacy of members, students and visitors and; effective planning and general administration of library services, department and staff.
- Responsible for the development of system and processes to increase efficiency and overall usage of library services at ICAN.
- Responsible for developing and managing the department’s budget.
- Prepare and sort books for donation to selected tertiary institutions.
- Ensure increase awareness of e-library by sending users login password to ICAN Financial members.
- Measure the elements of cataloguing and bibliographic description of library resources.
- Manage resource request from different branches.
- Oversee processing of new library materials, ensuring quality standards are maintained..
- Manage E-Library operations: Identify qualified members and distribute user ID, attend to user queries.
- Manage review of subject matter for classification.
- Develop ICAN Library policies and procedures and ensure that established procedures are followed to maintain an appropriate library environment for visitors.
- Manage the arrangement of materials in the library for effective retrieval including the systematic indexing, classification and cataloguing of all Library resources.
- Coordinate classification new stock, cataloguing and indexing using computerized database.
- Final review and approval of reports.
- Effective management of staff within the department to ensure effective service delivery.
- Management of ICAN Library information management systems and other ICT software to ensure integrity and security of the data held on the system.
Education and Experience
- B.Sc / HND in Library or Information Science.
- Post graduate degree in related fields,.
- Membership of Library Professional Body.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience
Skills / Competencies:
- Functional knowledge of ICAN, full knowledge of how the library works, including knowledge of library equipment.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Substantial knowledge of the principles and practices of library science.
- Knowledge of computer and network applications to library services.
- Knowledge of library practices, including the use of an integrated automated library catalogue.
- Leadership skills
- Developing people
- People management skills
- Budget management
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management.
Application Closing Date
4:30pm, 17th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Multiple applications will lead to disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.